2007年5月14日月曜日

When You Greet People.....

Recently, I often hear people who is Moslim try to show that there are many good people and ask us don't think what only a few bad people do in the US or Iraq. The only thing I can know about those countries or people is Internet or TV, but I thought sometimes we should have courage to doubt what media say. Thanks to Kathy, I got a good impression about Islam and she made me change my opinion.


1. How do you greet people in your life? Is it different for different people?
Yes.
When I greet my really close friends, I say 'hello' and wave hands. Sometimes I touch their shoulder. but I don't like to touch people so much, because if someone who is Japanese do that to me, I would be surprised for a second.
When I greet older people like my boss at work, teachers, neighbor , I would say 'hello, how are you?' in polite way. I would use different phrase to each person to show how to think of them.

2. Do you touch people when you talk to them? Why? Or Why not?
As I said already to my friends, I would probably touch them, because when I see them by accident and I want to show that I am happy to see them. but even I don't touch you, don't worry!!! It doesn't mean that I don't think you are not my friends at all!!! haha

2 件のコメント:

Rolf さんのコメント...

I hear from many Japanese people that the shoulder is the most common place touch, but that most do not touch at all. Why do you think its strange for people to touch when they greet?

Marimo さんのコメント...

Yes, I feel the same way as you. To touch people is the sign of friendship.